Friday, June 10, 2016

Would you run 5-year-old gas in your emergency generator?

Back in January 2011, my lovely bride Jojo and I sold our home and moved into a new R.V. It’s a 42 ft. 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. On the way to our first RV Park, I put 30 gallons of gasoline into the onboard fuel tank used to run our generator.   A week later I added double the recommended amount of Stabil. Note that the manufacturer of Stabil only guarantees safe fuel for two years by doing this.

Now I know I am going to catch some flak by telling everyone this but it’s the truth and I completely own up to it. For the first two years, I only test ran my generator 3 times. After that, I...

Read the whole entry... »



from TheSurvivalistBlog.net RSS Feed
Don't forget to visit the store and pick up some gear at The COR Outfitters. Are you ready for any situation?
#SurvivalFirestarter #SurvivalBugOutBackpack #PrepperSurvivalPack #SHTFGear #SHTFBag

No comments:

Post a Comment