Friday, September 23, 2016

Dealing with medical emergencies solo: when it’s necessary to stitch up your own wound, pull out your own tooth, apply your own tourniquet

by Dayton

About two months ago, I sliced my leg open with a beer bottle.  I work in a bar, so that was extraordinary in itself, but the depth was. Bone wasn’t visible, but everything else was.  Luckily, it didn’t bleed too badly.  My coworkers insisted that I needed stitches, but I just butterflied the bitch. Maybe I should’ve gone to the hospital, seeing as it took over a month to heal, and I’ve got a nasty scar out of it.  Still, four weeks and no infection later, I recognize that I scraped by on the bare minimum.  But, sometimes, that’s all that’s going to be available to...

Read the whole entry... »



from TheSurvivalistBlog.net RSS Feed
Don't forget to visit the store and pick up some gear at The COR Outfitters. Are you ready for any situation?
#SurvivalFirestarter #SurvivalBugOutBackpack #PrepperSurvivalPack #SHTFGear #SHTFBag

No comments:

Post a Comment