Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Fermentation as a Means of Food Preservation: Part IV

bam bam pic 1

Today we present another article in our non-fiction writing contest – by Bam Bam

I would be remiss if I wrote a series on fermentation and neglected to mention yogurt. So, last night I made my first batch of yogurt. I can tell you it is incredibly easy (and delicious). The total cost was just over $2 for a half gallon of yogurt (not counting the starter). Score!

Here’s what I did. First, I bought some plain Greek yogurt (with active cultures) as I normally do. Greek yogurt is significantly thicker than ordinary yogurt. (I didn’t include the price of the store-bought yogurt because...

Read the whole entry... »



from TheSurvivalistBlog.net RSS Feed
Don't forget to visit the store and pick up some gear at The COR Outfitters. Are you ready for any situation?
#SurvivalFirestarter #SurvivalBugOutBackpack #PrepperSurvivalPack #SHTFGear #SHTFBag

No comments:

Post a Comment